CarPro DLux Plastic and Wheel Coating
CarPro's CQuartz Dlux has quickly became one of the best plastic and trim coating and restorations products on the market. Made from quality high-grade organic silane, it contains more than 50% pure silica! DLux was developed to offer a more permanent solution to restoring and protecting aging trim or new trim looking for the best protection available. CQuartz Dlux was designed for use on most plastics as well as metal and rubber. All wheel finishes can be protected with Dlux as its extremely temperature stable offering potentially years of protection, easy of maintenance and incredible looks to your wheels and plastic trim.
- (1) CQUARTZ DLUX 30ml.
- (4) 4"x4" Suede MF applicators
- (1) Foam Block Applicator
- Withstands temperatures of over 800F
- Very simple to apply on textured plastics
- Excellent UV protection on all exterior substrates.
- Versatility: Plastics, Wheels, and rubber surfaces
- Average use for 4 wheels and all plastic trim = 10ml.
- Plastic Trim
- Rubber Trim
- Engine Bay
- Headlights, Fog lights, & Tail lights
- Metal Trim
- Exhaust Tips
- Plastic Wheel Wells
- Make sure the surface is cool and dry. (Do not apply to hot surfaces or in direct sun.)
- Scrub surface with an all purpose cleaner and microfiber towel
- Rinse while agitating with microfiber towel to remove all residue from APC
- Dry surface
- Wipe surface with Carpro Eraser, wipe dry, and then allow plastic to evaporate 20 minutes before applying
- Wet the applicator with a strip of DLUX and spread evenly across a small area at a time.
- When applying it is VERY important to work one area in even as you go.
- Start in one corner and work out! / Do not take on a huge area at once.
- Apply nice and even as you go. Do not try to spread too thin but be sure to work it to an even coat in the first minute before moving to the next overlapping area. After a minute you should not be going back over an area that was applied.
- On Textured trim do not wipe it off, just be sure you apply evenly as mentioned.
* On smooth plastic you should wipe it off before it becomes too sticky. This results in a thinner coat that doesn’t last as long but on some smooth plastics there is not an easy way to apply it evenly.
- Wash thoroughly
- Decontaminate with Iron X
- Polish surface as needed
- Wipedown with CarPro Eraser
- On rims (metal, chrome, clear coat, etc) let cure 1 minute at 90F up to 8 minutes at 50F and use a CarPro 2 Face Microfiber to wipe it off in a circle motion until clear
- Allow to cure 1-3 hours without water being introduced to surface. If wet during first 24 hours wipe off water before it dries on surface as a precaution.
- After 3 days you are free to wash with all your regular car washes.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- Wear gloves
- Do not use for other purposes
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep away from heat
- Do not ingest